Proven experiential learning resource
Through both research and practice, SimVenture Classic is a proven experiential learning resource within education.
Supporting many courses in universities, colleges and schools (where entrepreneurship, enterprise, business and/or employability skills are taught) the small business simulation provides a powerful platform for sustained practical & applied work.
From the outset, students are active learners and think organically allowing subjects to connect in a meaningful context. As a result, understanding accelerates and peoples’ motivation to want to learn through increases.
By making decisions and dealing with consequences, students engage with the authentic simulated world provided by the software. At the same time, teachers and tutors can stand back and facilitate learning as and where required. Such a dynamic makes teaching interactions far more efficient and effective.
Designed for excellent education
SimVenture Classic is a phenomenal piece of software and has been an amazing addition to our syllabus.
Campbell Smith – Bishops College, Cape Town, South Africa
Known for their work on ’21st Century Skills’, Trilling and Fadel wrote about ‘effective learning’ in the Royal Society of Arts Journal in 2012. All the key criteria that the authors claimed underpinned effective learning in their report are met by SimVenture Classic. The criteria are summarised below:
• Putting learning in context so that students benefit from studying in an authentic environment where knowledge is applied meaningfully.
• Engaging students in their work, motivating them to solve problems and find answers individually, collaboratively and within a wider social community.
• Facilitating the construction of mental models that simultaneously develop new perspectives.
• Incorporating words, sounds and images as well as a flexible hands-on approach to learning, which appeals to all learning styles.
* Trilling, Fadel.”Tactics for Success” RSA Journal. Summer 2012. p14
For more information about research (that underpins both SimVenture Classic and what constitutes effective education) visit our Research page on this website. And if you would like to recommend additional experiential learning resource research for us to share with readers, please get in touch.