What makes our work different?
When you choose SimVenture Evolution, you should know our goal has always been to build a globally renowned advanced learning solution that simulates the realities of running an SME. To achieve this goal we have spent many years investing in a highly skilled team of software developers, learning technologists and experienced educators.
Here are some of the features that we believe stand our work out from the crowd:
- Users run a virtual company for up to 10 simulated years in quarters (up to 40 turns)
- In-depth user choices and information provides a rich and authentic learning experience
- Evolution simulates time, money, stress, tiredness, staff morale and efficiency
- Simulation users can play forward but also rewind decisions too (quarters as well as whole games)
- Flexible on-line access for users but also for instructors/trainers (using Evolution’s ‘Control Tower’)
- Control Tower allows instructors/trainers to set tasks, communicate, monitor and assess in-class and remotely
- Specific ‘activities’ within Evolution means users can focus on subject-specific or thematic tasks
- Our Learning and Development Team comprises former senior lecturers
- Carefully designed, easy to navigate and evolving User Interface means users engage with the simulation
- Extensive user support information means people learn how to use the simulation quickly
A business simulation capable of revolutionising learning on a global scale
As a team, we strive to provide the gold-standard in terms of business simulation design. Achieving this status means working with and listening carefully to clients from around the world and maintaining a culture of openness and transparency.
Unlike other business simulation products, we believe you should be able to view and evaluate our work in your own time. If you haven’t already done so, have a look at the walk-through videos or scroll to the foot of any page on this site to request your free on-line demo and/or evaluation copy. Before you reach the point of deciding whether our business simulation learning technology is right for you, we want you to have thoroughly road-tested our work and feel comfortable with the team that will provide any support you may need. If we are going to work together, we want to get it right from the start.
Why choose SimVenture Evolution
We’ve designed the simulation to maximise both the learner and teacher/trainer experience. If you are still not sure whether the learning solution is the right choice for you, here are a few more reasons as to why you might choose SimVenture Evolution.
- People access the on-line multi-platform business strategy game wherever there is internet connection
- Engaging user-interface, intuitive navigation and extensive user ‘Help’ in multiple formats makes the simulation easy to access & use
- People run a business for up to 10 simulated years & compete against the computer or head-to-head against others
- Sophisticated algorithms factor in money, time, stress, skills and tiredness. Little is left to chance.
- Written scenarios & activities are continuously developed to support focused, subject-based independent learning
- Backed and supported by a highly experienced team with extensive & combined skills in education, business and technology
- Highly flexible resource used independently and at any time by an individual or group (it doesn’t rely on VSL staff involvement)
- Powerful distance-learning multi-player resource allowing people to work without hassle or any travel expense
- Developed in conjunction with 8 UK university institutions.
Clients and users who choose SimVenture Evolution regularly remark that it is the depth of our learning solutions that makes us the stand-out choice. Read the testimonials we receive and see for yourself what people are saying.
When the product launched in 2016, Evolution allowed people to run a bicycle manufacturing company. The product doesn’t yet simulate another type of business but plans are in place to provide this additional functionality. On that note, the business simulation does not let individuals to enter their own personal business data into the simulation to test out their own future scenarios.