Test your Entrepreneurial Ability with SimVenture Classic
Developed by experienced entrepreneurs who want to help people learn about business and entrepreneurship, SimVenture Classic is a powerful and multi-award winning business simulation used worldwide.
As a student learning to use SimVenture Classic you will run your own virtual company for up to 36 simulated months. There are multiple levels of difficulty.
Working solo or in groups, it's your job to ensure you manage all aspects of the company.
When you start out, your interest in making computers within the virtual world is just a hobby. But can you use your skills and turn a pastime into a thriving business?
To create a thriving business you will have to manage yourself too since SimVenture Classic simulates money, time, stress, skills and tiredness. Little is left to chance when using the simulation.
SimVenture Classic is Windows PC software. This student learning resource should be made available to you via an institutional computer although home-based personal licences are available too.
When you first use the business simulation, we recommend you explore all the 'Help' support within the software. This support is provided in many different formats and includes a series of video tutorials which are all designed to help you understand the simulator.
Within SimVenture Classic you will also find 5 Apprentice Scenarios. Use these Scenarios to build up your understanding of the simulation.
If you want to use the simulation at home on a Mac you will need to install emulation software (such as Parallels) or use Bootcamp to partition your hard drive (and then install Windows).
Student Learning Help & Support
As a student learning resource, SimVenture Classic provides all the following features to help you use the business simulation.
- Extensive written help
- Short videos explaining how key aspects of the simulation work
- Apprentice Scenarios to practice skills
- Virtual Business Adviser support
- Written Tips and Traps
- Key considerations for every business area
- Access to decision history data so you can reflect and review
- Extensive 'How do I' section helping you to resolve in-game challenges
Key Features of the Business Simulation
• Market Research , Competition Research, Customer Feedback
• Marketing Promotions, Advertising, Direct Marketing, Public Relations, Networking, Website, Events and Exhibitions
• Pricing, Target Markets, Selling Points Sales Channels, Distributors, Personal Selling
• Product Design, Purchasing, Production, Quality Control
• Banking, Accounts,
• Loans, Equity Investment, Grants, Overdrafts
• Forecasting, Profit & Loss, Cashflow, Budgets, Targets
• Premises, Relocation, Staff Skills, Resources, Legal
• Recruitment, Selection, Management, Training,
• Time Management, Efficiency
Integrated Help and Advice
• Key Considerations included within every page
• Tips & Traps, ‘Real World’ information
• Virtual Advisor
• Video Tutorials, Playing Instructions, ‘Solve a Problem’, Tutor Notes
• Player Hints and Tips
• Links to other Key Features and websites
• Glossary of terms
Other Business Game Features
• Multiple Difficulty Levels
• Scenarios covering a selection of business problems
• Save and Load
• Monthly Reports, Profit & Loss, Cashflow, Balance Sheet
• Historical data, Charts
• Unexpected events
• Multiple Currency options
• Custom Content, Tutor Alerts
• Interactive Business Planning Guidance and Template